Several Reasons Why You Should Hire A Henderson Nevada Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury can take many forms and can cause long-term financial, emotional, and physical problems. You may be eligible for financial compensation through either an insurance claim or a personal injuries lawsuit if someone else caused your accident. A Henderson Nevada personal injury lawyer will be able to help you understand the process and advise you on the best way to proceed. They can help you get the best possible outcome for your case, and make sure that you receive full compensation for all of your losses and damages.
Common Areas Of Personal Injury Practice
Personal injury is a legal field that assists victims of accidents due to negligence of another party where victims can seek a financial settlement for their injuries and losses. These are some of the most common areas that fall under personal injuries law:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars and motorcycles, trucks, buses or rideshare vehicles.
- Medical Malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pet injuries
- Products and devices that are defective
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
What Can A Personal Injury Attorney Do For Me?
If you or someone you love is hurt in an accident caused by another person, it is highly recommended to contact a personal injury attorney immediately. Personal injury victims make the common mistake of trying to manage the process themselves. This can lead to a settlement that is too low or no settlement at all. Keep in mind that your insurance company will have a team full of highly qualified attorneys to invalidate your claim. An attorney can make the difference between a satisfactory settlement and not getting all that you are owed.
Here are a few examples of how a Henderson Nevada personal injury lawyer can help you satisfactorily resolve your claim:
- Assessing your case to determine if it is viable. Also, determining the amount of compensation that you should receive depending on your future medical needs and the severity of your injuries.
- Organizing all evidence necessary to support your case, including witness statements and medical records.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Monitoring and adhering to all court filing deadlines
- Conducting witness interviews and analyzing evidence provided by the defendant’s lawyers
- Provide expert legal representation during a court trial
What Damages Can I Recover In A Nevada Personal Injury Case?
- Economic Damages: These are damages that can be assigned an economic value, including medical expenses and property loss and damage, house modifications costs, lost wages and physical rehabilitation costs, home health care costs, and loss of earning ability.
- Non-economic damages: These are damages that cannot be assigned a financial value. They include pain and suffering, loss in companionship, loss or enjoyment of life and emotional trauma.
- Punitive Damages – In cases where the defendant’s actions are reckless or deliberate, punitive damages can be awarded.
What Is The Maximum Time I Have To File A Lawsuit In Nevada?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Nevada is usually barred after two years of the date the injury occurred. There are exceptions to this rule, such as personal injury lawsuits against government entities. For more information about filing deadlines, contact a Henderson Nevada personal injury lawyer.
Working With A Henderson Personal Injury Lawyer
For more information on how Gabroy | Messer can help you with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Henderson Nevada, please contact us at 702) 259-7777, or visit us here:
170 S Green Valley Pkwy # 280
Henderson, NV 89012