Las Vegas Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports hundreds of fatal car accidents each year in Nevada. For every fatal car accident, there are many more people who are injured. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to be compensated. A Las Vegas Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer can be of help in getting you the settlement that you deserve.
Causes of Nevada Car Accidents
There are a variety of causes for car accidents. Here is a list of some of the more common ones our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer sees:
- Impaired Driver. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that there are about 29 deaths per day in the U.S. of people involved in a car accident where a driver was impaired by alcohol. That averages out to one death every 50 minutes caused by an alcohol-impaired driver. This is costing society about $44 Billion dollars per year.
- Driver Fatigue. The National Safety Council (NSC) states that any driver who has not had any sleep within a 20 hour period has their driving ability affected to equal someone with a 0.08 blood alcohol level. This makes tired drivers about 3 times as likely to be in a car accident than a driver who is well-rested. This sleepiness affects the driver’s reaction time, their attention, and their ability to recognize road hazards.
- Excessive speed. About 27% of all fatalities resulting from car accidents are due to the driver’s speed. Faster driving results in a decreased amount of time to react to road hazards and makes the impact much more serious. This also makes the safety devices such as seat belts and airbags much less effective.
- Tailgating. When someone is following too closely behind another vehicle, it is referred to as tailgating. If the car in front suddenly slows down or stops, the car that is following too closely will not have as much time to slow down before colliding with the other vehicle.
- Distracted driver. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019, distracted drivers were the cause of 3,142 highway deaths nationwide. They were also responsible for the injuries of another 391,000. Some of the common reasons for the drivers being distracted were attributed to texting while driving, talking on the cellphone while driving, and even eating or talking with other people in the car. Other reasons included caring for pets, adjusting the radio station or the temperature controls. Sometimes, the driver was watching the scene of a previous accident and caused one themselves.
What should you do right after an accident?
Take the following steps immediately after being involved in a car accident.
- Call 911. Even if your injuries don’t seem to e serious, and even if the damage to your vehicle is minimal, it is always important to call the police. When they arrive, they will question all the witnesses, the other driver(s), and passengers. They will document this information in a police report that can be used as evidence. Even if the police don’t state who is at fault, it will provide information about the accident from an authority figure. This information can be very useful in your case.
- Get medical assistance. You will want to verify that you have no serious injuries. Getting a professional diagnosis will provide that assurance. When an accident occurs, your adrenaline may be running high, preventing you from recognizing an injury. With the evaluation of a medical professional, you can be assured that your injuries are documented in a way that will allow your car accident attorney to make sure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
- Take photos. If you are not injured and are able to do so, take some photographs of the scene, including the other vehicles, the location of the vehicles in relation to one another, as well as any injuries you or your passengers may have received.
- Journal your progress. Write down the things that have affected you on a daily basis as a result of the accident. The way you feel each day may not be easily recalled months later during a trial. By regularly documenting your progress, it will be much easier to remember the details later on.
Do You Really Need a Lawyer?
The short answer is YES! Having a skilled car accident attorney can make all the difference as to whether you have a successful claim or a failed one. Even though a car accident is common, the legal intricacies can be daunting. The legal process is time-consuming, not to mention being complicated.
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you don’t want to leave the claim results to chance. You will want a dedicated attorney on your side to make sure nothing is left out. You need to be focusing on your recovery, not getting entangled in legal language, and trying to decipher the claim settlement being offered by the other party’s insurance company. We will focus on the details for you. You already have enough to deal with.
Contact a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
Contact Gabroy Law Offices if you have been injured in a car accident. We will review your case free of charge and let you know what to expect. Call 702-259-7777 today.